Things got switched around a bit today: we started with something other than weeding. Pre-teens from GIAC came to visit, so we decided to put their time to good use by helping us weed. The rest of us continued with the task of trellising our many tomato plants. Some of the tomatoes needed stakes and others needed stringing. After break, we harvested hot peppers, ochre, kale, collards, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and summer squash.
Once we were done with all of this, we just about finished up the major weeding. Unfortunately, we are going to go back through and re-weed a lot of the rows that had initially been cleared so that the weeds won't grow back again when we lay down straw.
Comments are closed.