Another Successful Scorcher
For the second day at the farm we played some name games and I’m pretty sure we all know each others’ names already!
Today, we started off with weeding and got a couple more rows done. After break, team leaders were assigned and three groups were formed. One group was assigned the task of planting leeks, another group pounded posts in one of the tomato beds, and the last group made tepee pole bean structures. This was nice for two reasons: one, we weren’t weeding, and two, each group had a smaller, more manageable task so they were able to work together as a team.
Today was another scorcher, probably reaching into the high 90’s, and yet we got almost all that we needed to done. With about one hour left in the day, one of the groups began to harvest food for the Congo Square Market. We harvested a few heads of lettuce, some kale, collard greens, zucchini, parsley, and basil. It turned out that an hour wasn’t really enough to harvest all that we wanted to, but we can adjust that next week.
Comments are closed.